Each student must be registered for bussing in order to ride on a School District No. 20 school bus. Each registered bus rider will be issued a bus pass in the form of a hard plastic card which is carried by the student. This pass must be presented each time the student boards and departs the school bus. 
Please do not reregister your child if they are currently registered to ride the school bus.  They will be automatically registered to ride the school bus for the upcoming school year.
  • Report the lost or damaged bus pass to the school ASAP.
  • The school will issue a Lost/Damaged Pass Replacement Form. 
  • Complete the bottom portion of the form and hand it into the school office along with the $10 replacement fee. Bus drivers will not accept the bus pass replacement fee.
  • Your student will be issued a bus pass exemption slip which is shown to the bus driver daily and to be handed into the bus driver at the end of the week. A new exemption slip may be issued by the school on Monday, the following week if the new pass has not yet arrived. Please see the school office to obtain this slip.
  • Students will not be permitted to board the bus without either their bus pass or a bus pass exemption slip – ensure the exemption slip is obtained from the school office prior to the end of the day.
  • The replacement bus pass should arrive to the school about one week after payment is received. The school will issue the new pass to your student.
Walk limits are the distance from the recognized public road access of the student’s property to the nearest catchment school or bus stop.
The general standards for providing transportation to and from school shall be:
  • Grade K-7: 2.0 km from school
  • Grade 8-12: 3.0 km from school
Catchment Areas for the purposes of these procedures shall be determined by the Board and will normally be defined as the school closest to the student’s residence.

Pupils living outside of catchment area, wish transportation may ride provided there is room on the bus and they have registered for bussing.
Students with special needs may be eligible for transportation or transportation assistance.
All requests for transportation assistance for students with special needs will be managed by the Director of Student Support Services and the District Transportation Supervisor.